The Hawaii Healthcare Emergency Management’s Incident Management Assistance Team (IMAT) is part of our healthcare and medical response and recovery coordination capability within the HPP program. All team members are volunteer professionals. The team is led by Team Commander or an appointed manager of the operation support center with delegated authority. The team consists of 16 credentialed healthcare, logistics, and admin support professionals. The team is capable of activating and rapidly deploying two shifts of 8 to the established Operation Support Center on Oahu or a field OSC or alternative site and sustain operation 24 hours/day.
The responsibilities of the team include but are not limited to the following:
- Monitoring HHEM WebEOC Significant Events, Coalition Status Profile and Request for Assistance Boards
- Assisting with meeting coalition members’ request for assistance
- Assisting with coordinating partners, teams, and support.
- Assisting with the receiving and transmission of incoming and outgoing communications
- Assist with the logistic planning and execution of delivery of requested items
- Assist with the acquisition of items